Prawns are noble seafood treasures; their fresh sea-scented meat bursts with juiciness and pleasant sweetness. You can cook shrimp in many ways, and they’ll always stand out, but if you wish to take them to the next level, look at this Asian prawn fritter recipe and turn prawns into an elegant, satisfying starter.
You might also like to try our super-tasty gluten free crab cakes or keto coconut shrimp to stay with the seafood theme. Serve up a plate of prosciutto ruschetta if you need more appetizers for your meal.
Whether you have a party or noteworthy occasion coming up or you want to surprise a special someone with a delightful meal, these decadent fritters are your best choice.
This recipe takes very little time, so it’s ideal for when you’re in a rush and have to over-deliver. The secret is in the ingredients; fresh, high-quality prawns will give to your dish a restaurant-quality feel.
You won’t make a mess in the kitchen with this one either, with only a medium mixing bowl and a pan, and five minutes chopping you won’t break a sweat. The result, though, will make your guests think you spend all morning cooking.
We recommend serving your new favorite prawn dish while still warm with chili or plum sauce, but sweet and tangy teriyaki sauce or bright eel sauce will work too.
If you’re ready, let’s get started!
Asian Prawn Fritters
- Frying pan
- ⅔ pound green prawns, shelled (approximately 1 pound before shelling)
- 6 eggs
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 1 dash olive oil
- chilli or plum sauce to accompany
- Finely chop or mince the prawns.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, spring onions, mushrooms, ginger, salt, pepper and coriander until well mixed.
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and cook large spoonfuls of mixture over a moderately hot heat for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Turn once during cooking.
- Serve fritters with chilli or plum sauce.
- Makes: 12 – 15 fritters.