A tasty vegetarian appetizer recipe. Whip this up at home to keep the hungry veggie eaters in your house happy and satisfied while the main meal is being prepared.
This works best as a pre-dinner nibble, and can be paired with other great appetizers.
Looking for different appetizers? Try my amazing san choy bow and homemade bruschetta you might be surprised how easy it is to make!
Baked Mushrooms With Pecan
A tasty vegetarian mushroom appetizer recipe
- 8 large flat mushrooms, stems trimmed, wiped with damp cloth
- ½ cup pecan nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, rind grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celcius), fan-forced.
- Place mushrooms (stem side up) in a large baking dish.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with lemon rind and garlic.
- Cover with foil and bake for 17 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Place pecans on a baking try and bake for 3 – 5 mintues or until toasted.
- Remove from oven and chop roughly.
- Combine pecans and parsley in a small mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture over cooked mushrooms and serve immediately.