Lamb chops done in the air fryer make for a fantastic meal, ideal for memorable dinners. Lamb chops, though, are always perceived as hard to cook — getting them perfect is indeed tricky, especially if you want to achieve that pink meat with a lovely crust.
Here’s the good news, you can make lamb chops perfectly every time, and it only takes about ten minutes! It all starts with a few premium lamb chops; you want to get yourself the nicest meat you can find. Then, we’re putting together a fantastic marinade — that’s actually the secret behind all great lamb chops: the marinade.
One of the great things about this recipe is that there are not too many ingredients.
Buy the best quality lamb chops that you can, some lemon, rosemary and olive oil and you are good to go.
Tips and Tricks
Marinate the lamp chops if you have time available. If you are in a hurry, you can skip that step, just brush on the lemon and rosemary mixture.
You can also leave out the olive oil if you want to. I have included it to bulk up the marinade, but it is not absolutely necessary.
If the chops do spend time in the lemon juice, the outside will partially ‘cook’ in the acid making it turn brown. Don’t be alarmed, cook the chops in the air fryer per normal.
Yes you can! They cook quickly and taste great.
While it depends on the thickness, I do mine for 6 minutes at 400F / 200C. If you buy extra thick chops, give them an extra minute or two.
This recipe uses a combination of rosemary and lemon. It is simple and delicious. Serve with a garnish of mint.
Enjoy your fragrant and meaty chops with a glass of hearty red wine or a robust beer. The sky’s the limit here; with lamb chops are pretty as these, finding the right pairing is super easy.
Air Fryer Lamb Chops Recipe
- air fryer
- Small mixing bowl
- Large ziplock type bag
- 4 lamb chops
- ¼ cup lemon juice The juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon rosemary Fresh is best, dried is fine if that is what you have available
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Optional
- Juice the lemon. With a juicer, or simply squeeze the juice into a bowl and discard the seeds
- Mix the lemon juice, rosemary and olive oil well in the bowl
- Pour the mixture into the ziplock type bag
- Place the lamb chop into the ziplock bag, close and shake well.
- Depending on how much time you have available, marinate the lamp chops in the bag in the fridge. This is optional if you are pressed for time.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F / 200 C
- Place the lamb chops in the air fryer basket and cook for 3 minutes
- Turn the lamb chops and cook for another 3 minutes
- Serve and enjoy
1 thought on “Air Fryer Lamb Chops”
I adore lamb chops prepared at any way. This looks droolworthy.