Fantastic vegetarian lasagna recipe – scrumptious!
If you like this lasagna, make sure you check out our other lasagna recipes and see which one you think is best.
A hearty vegetarian pumpkin lasagna that is light in calories that everyone will enjoy.
- 1 pound pumpkin
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 pound instant lasagna sheets (preferably green)
- 1/2 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 pound ricotta cheese fresh
- 1 can tomatoes peeled
- 1 pinch basil to taste
- pinch salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (or approximately 180 degrees C).
- Steam pumpkin and onion until tender or microwave on High (100%) for 4 – 4 ½ minutes, covered in a bowl.
- Puree pumpkin and onion with garlic and ricotta cheese. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper.
- Layer lasagna and pumpkin filling alternately in a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch (or approx 20 x 30cm) baking dish, finishing with lasagna.
- Mix tomato with basil and cover with lasagna evenly.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover baking dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminium foil and continue to bake lasagne for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve while hot.
There are countless ways to accommodate your own tastes into this versatile lasagna recipe. Check out the ‘options’ heading (below) for some suggestions.