Easy Muffin Recipe
- muffin pan
- 1 cup all purpose flour (plain flour)
- ½ cup wholemeal flour
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (or 180 degrees C).
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Lightly grease & flour a muffin pan (or line with parchment paper or use muffin liners).
- Spoon muffin batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Test for doneness with a skewer, toothpick, or knife. Return to the oven for a couple of minutes if needed.
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
(Read more: This festive Christmas pudding recipe can be made months in advance to save precious holiday time!)
SO many options with this recipe! This is an excellent basic muffin recipe, so you can use this to build a whole host of other recipes from here. Here are my suggestions for personalizing my recipe so that it suits you and your family:
- Replace the chocolate chips with berries – raspberries, blueberries, cranberries, pieces of strawberry. (Just use a little less milk – about a tablespoon less – because of the moisture in the fruit.)
- Substitute the banana for 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce.
- Toss in a small handful of roughly chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Switch out the chocolate chips for cut up dates.
- Instead of mashed banana, try fork-mashing 1/4 cup mixed frozen berries – you’ll get a great swirl effect in the batter.
- Sprinkle some granola mix on top of the muffins just 5 minutes before they’re finished.
- For low-cal, use skim milk and replace the sugar with sweetener.
Until next time!
Love & easy muffins XX