This creamy spinach penne is easy to make and is a real crowd pleaser.
View our selection of pasta recipes to try new ones again and again to keep your hungry eaters happy.
Creamy Spinach Penne
- Blender (or stick mixer)
- Large saucepan/ pot
- 12 ounces spinach leaves (340g) (washed with stems removed)
- 12 ounces penne pasta (340g)
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers (340g) (from a jar is fine, or make your own!)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 cup cottage cheese (can use low fat)
- ¼ cup milk (can use low fat)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt (less, if preferred)
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Place the spinach into boiling water and cook for one minute.
- Remove spinach from water, saving boiling water to cook pasta.
- Rinse the spinach with cold water and drain.
- Chop the spinach and set aside.
- Return the water to a boil, add salt & penne pasta.
- Cook pasta for 10 minutes or until 'al dente'.
- Drain pasta.
- In a blender mix the garlic, spinach, cottage cheese, and milk.
- Blend ingredients until will mixed and a creamy consistency (approximately 1 minute).
- In your saucepan/ pot, combine the cooked penne pasta, roasted red peppers, parmesan cheese, and seasoning.
- Stir together.
- Pour creamy sauce over pasta then stir through.
- Serve onto plates or into bowls.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley or a quartered cherry tomato.