Chicken and Spinach Lasagna
This chicken and spinach lasagna recipe is my all-time favorite lasagna recipe! I need to be a little organised before beginning (which is easier some days than others!), but the end result is always worth it. It’s made with a delicious alfredo sauce and is an absolute winner in our house every time we make it. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family and friends do!
Especially in the cooler months, lasagna is hearty and warming – not to mention delicious! It’s easy to eat on it’s own, but to add nutritional value and color, accompany it with a crunchy salad. Serve a large bowlful of salad in the center of the table, or just add some lettuce, tomato wedges, and carrot & celery sticks to your dinner plate.
Chicken & Spinach Lasagna
- 8 oz instant lasagna noodles (or approx 250g)
- 1 roasted chicken skin off, de-boned, shredded
- 2 cups spinach fresh is best (rinsed & shredded), but frozen is fine
- 3 cups heavy/ thickened cream
- 2 cans cream of mushroom condensed soup 10.5 oz (or 400ml) cans
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 1½ cups parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic very finely sliced
- 10 medium mushrooms diced
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (or approximately 180 degrees Celsius).
- In a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, add cream, both cans of soup, parmesan cheese and butter.
- Allow to simmer – stirring quite frequently – until all ingredients are well blended.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add in onion until it becomes tender, then add in garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook and stir the onion in olive oil until tender, then add garlic and mushrooms.
- Add in shredded chicken.
- Cook until all ingredients are well heated but NOT over-cooking.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a large (eg, 9in x 13in) baking dish with a little of the cream & soup mixture.
- Place ⅓ of the instant lasagne noodles on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Next, spread over ½ cup of ricotta.
- Add half of the shredded spinach.
- Then half of the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle over one cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- And finally, add half of the remaining cream & soup mixture.
- Repeat layers once more.
- Top with a final layer of noodles then remaining cream & soup mixture.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 1 hour, or until your scrumptious lasagna is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella, and continue baking until cheese is melted and lightly browned (approx another 15 minutes).
If you have leftover chicken and spinach lasagna, it will keep well in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Lasagna is always great the next day – warmed for lunch or dinner. Also, you can pack a piece in your lunchbox to take to the office for lunch – and make all your coworkers envious!
If you like this lasagna, make sure you check out our other lasagna recipes and see which one you think is best.
Enjoy, my friends! I’d love to know how you find the recipe, so drop me a comment in the section below.
Until next time!
Love & lasagna, Bx