Best Chocolate Recipe
Making chocolates is not nearly as difficult as you might imagine! Great as a gift idea (think about a handful of chocolates, individually wrapped, in a nice jar with a ribbon for your coworkers or child’s teacher), and perfect as an after dinner treat, these quick & easy home-made chocolates are simply the best! Honestly, they won’t take nearly as long as your guests will imagine.
Best Chocolate Recipe
- ½ pound cooking chocolate (approx 250g) (dark, milk, or white chocolate)
- 1 small jar chocolate hazelnut spread (eg, Nutella)
- 7 ounces nuts (approx 200g) (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon copha or coconut oil
- In a microwave-safe container, melt the chocolate pieces with the copha. (I find that it takes approximately 1 minute on 'high', but that would depend on your microwave. Whatever you do, please don't let the chocolate burn – there's no coming back from that. Once chocolate has burnt, you'd need to start again because you can't get rid of the burnt taste, unfortunately.)
- Stir melted chocolate and copha or coconut oil.
- Add a teaspoonful of chocolate to the bottom of each little compartment of an ice-cube tray.
- Add half a teaspoonful of Nutella on top of the chocolate to make a second layer.
- Spoon over another teaspoonful of chocolate on top of the Nutella to make the third layer.
- Add a light sprinkle of chopped nuts.
- Chill in the freezer for 10 – 15 minutes to set.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
As you know, I like to give you a few suggestions about how you can pimp my chocolate recipe to make it your own. Also, so that the recipe is best suited to you and your family. Below are my suggestions:
- Sprinkle desiccated coconut on the top of the chocolates just before putting them into the freezer to set.
- Add a couple of diced berry pieces (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, cranberries) to or instead of the Nutella layer in the middle.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy (for example, candy canes) either on top of the chocolates, or into the Nutella layer.
- Add a nut (cashew, hazelnut, half a pecan, etc) into the Nutella layer of the middle of the chocolates.
- Crush one of your favorite candy bars and add a little of it to the middle layer (eg, M&Ms).
- Include some dried fruit pieces to the middle (ie, Nutella) layer of the chocolates, like dried apricots, dried cranberries, raisins, etc.
- Use marshmallow whip instead of Nutella.
I’m sure you can come up with some great alternatives of your own – what do you like? I’d love to hear your suggestions – send me a message below!
Until next time!
Love & chocolates, Bx